Re: [hatari-devel] SDL 2.0

Le 14/08/13 21:18, Nicolas Pomarède a écrit :
Le 14/08/2013 19:39, Eero Tamminen a écrit :
I don't think we'd want to support both SDL 1.x and SDL 2.x at the same
time, at least not in the same HG branch.

IMHO it's better to wait until SDL 2.x will be in most distros
(by the time next Hatari version will be released), and do the switch
in one go.
-> I wonder whether it makes sense to try to get SDL 2.x support
    to next Hatari release, it seems as it would be safer to aim for
    one after that.

Hello

welle first we should try to compile current Hatari source and see on what it stops with sdl 2.0.
I already tried, on MacOsX. A lot of errors ! I stopped on error concerning Key.

- on the other side, even without looking at new functionalities (surface with HW acceleration for example), SDL 2 will fix some OSX compatibilities which users often complained about (fullscreen)

This bug was fixed a long time ago in 1.2.15. But some other remains, like the surface release bug on 10.7 and 10.8 making Hatari crash (but not on 10.6.8)

JV