Re: [hatari-devel] Bug with Falcon Emulation

On perjantai 05 heinäkuu 2013, Douglas Little wrote:
> This was my experience last time I tried to build Hatari for OSX. No GUI
> buttons. I thought it was an issue configuring and building SDL because
> that process caused me so many problems - but perhaps it's something
> closer to Hatari's use/initialization of SDL?
>
> I haven't tried it since but may look again soon esp. if the state of
> this laptop PC deteriorates any further :)

OSX backend for SDL has had lots of problems that haven't been
Hatari related, SDL OSX support is just buggy.

There are very little things that can go wrong with Hatari SDL GUI
text drawing, as it's just about blitting pieces of 8-bit font surface.

To test whether 8-bit surfaces work otherwise, you can test whether
Hatari monochrome and VDI modes work, and whether forcing Hatari
to 8-bit with "--bpp 8" breaks something else[1].  If not, my guess
is it is something related to color key as that is used only with fonts.

The related code is in src/gui-sdl/sdlgui.c.

	- Eero

[1] in 8-bit mode colors used by emulated Atari can affect also
    statusbar, that is to be expected.