|Re: [hatari-devel] 030 cache & prefetch|
[ Thread Index |
| More lists.tuxfamily.org/hatari-devel Archives
- To: hatari-devel@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
- Subject: Re: [hatari-devel] 030 cache & prefetch
- From: Douglas Little <doug694@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
- Date: Fri, 12 Jul 2013 09:41:40 +0100
- Dkim-signature: v=1; a=rsa-sha256; c=relaxed/relaxed; d=googlemail.com; s=20120113; h=mime-version:in-reply-to:references:date:message-id:subject:from:to :content-type; bh=OmQH1F/lYPaKQIm9ni9Cfx3POtQABhl7wIVzRNyKfhA=; b=daa2aSXZkQX+UNUUE0Iwab6lJsgNrteeQPEcftIZFZcavf3ggbvSYDLUr4yuhHAT1F hqYhFZbfZ1YLX9lMNZSeIAqAsy4cL95nf70e/eEwS/F9Bpsz4/hbx3b/Ep1VE/+TNE0L a8WXUda3DJB3GKMz3UkzhBFyK/63jhTmmFlB2luu4SwjxuNhQ7Ed5JwntjAg6T25H7Sq cu+dgZocVbK4RKULan+4HCPRpE8x4+aEcG7j5qjbkuejqVQ8vgfiQpJ4gDTZK+R2dvIN g3A96dTCY3JGHnILi2+bM1iYjCQtQN94tIEms+EAaLi2NjZE/ZaSD9/C6Wy8fbcpBhuY j0VA==
Yes there may not be any such prefetch - the behaviour I saw in Hatari looks close to what I would expect *if* instructions must be fetched from memory ahead of the PC (since they must also then move via the cache and cause invalidations).
However I can't say / don't know that the 68030 actually does this at all (68000 and 68040/60 do fetch beyond execution in different forms). The 'bug' case actually looks more likely at this point.