Re: [hatari-devel] 030 cache & prefetch

On Fri, Jul 12, 2013 at 8:50 AM, Douglas Little <doug694@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
the CPU reaches the final 'dbra', does it prefetch beyond the dbra
I might be (and possibly I am) terribly wrong here but about what kind of prefetch are we talking about? Because to my knowledge, there's only one kind of "prefetch" happening and that is in case of:

$1002: dbra d0,loop
$1004: add.l d1,d1   ; <-- this is part of the i-cache as soon as first 'dbra' reaches PC because 'dbra' is not aligned on long boundary

I'm not aware of any othe 'ahead' prefetch at all.

--
MiKRO / Mystic Bytes
http://mikro.atari.org