Re: [hatari-devel] Privacy leak in Hatari manual

Am Thu, 20 Jun 2013 23:01:33 +0200
schrieb Nicolas Pomarède <npomarede@xxxxxxxxxxxx>:

> On 20/06/2013 21:38, Thomas Huth wrote:
> > I don't think that w3.org really cares about who's visiting a site,
> > but it's fine for me if you remove that image/link. I normally also
> > validate the HTML by directly entering the URL in the validator,
> > not by clicking on that image.
> >
> >   Thomas
>
> Changes made.
>
> But I noticed the whole inlined css definition at the top of the file
> are commented out, only toc.js is used. Is this expected ?

You mean the HTML comments <!-- ... --> ? They do not affect the CSS,
it is still parsed and used! In fact, this was a necessary trick in the
early days of CSS to for browsers that do not know about CSS to ignore
the CSS code. To comment out CSS code, you need to use C-style
comments /* ... */ instead.
I guess nowadays every browser is CSS compliant, so the HTML comments
could also be removed.