Re: [hatari-devel] readline linked with ncurses

On maanantai 29 huhtikuu 2013, Christer Solskogen wrote:
> Ok, I'm no expert with gdb, but this is the output.
>
> D:\atari\hatari-win64-snapshot-feil>gdb hatari-debug.exe
> GNU gdb (GDB) 7.6.0.20130429-cvs
> Reading symbols from D:\atari\hatari-win64-snapshot-feil\hatari-debug.exe

It would be interesting to know whether Hatari executable includes symbols
(AFAIK Gdb says it read them even if they're empty).

Did you compile Hatari and your readline & ncurses libraries with "-g",
didn't use "-s" (strip) linker option and didn't strip it?

> (gdb) run
> Starting program: D:\atari\hatari-win64-snapshot-feil\hatari-debug.exe
> warning: HEAP[hatari-debug.exe]:
> warning: HEAP: Free Heap block 0000000003B9FAA0 modified at 0000000003B9F
> er it was freed

I've never seen this warning before, and it doesn't happen on Linux,
but it seems to indicate usage of already freed memory somewhere.

> 0x0000000065999bd2 in ?? ()
> (gdb) backtrace
> #0  0x0000000065999bd2 in ?? ()
> #1  0x0000000000000004 in ?? ()

This address is obviously wrong.  Maybe stack has also
corrupted...

> #2  0x000000000023fa74 in ?? ()
> #3  0x00000000659d0f34 in ?? ()

Unfortunately without symbol names in backtrace they're useless... :-/

I don't know how mingw & Windows handle symbols on Windows,
so I cannot really help with that.  (On Linux I would know)