Re: [hatari-devel] readline linked with ncurses

Ok, I'm no expert with gdb, but this is the output.

D:\atari\hatari-win64-snapshot-feil>gdb hatari-debug.exe
GNU gdb (GDB) 7.6.0.20130429-cvs
License GPLv3+: GNU GPL version 3 or later <http://gnu.org/licenses/gpl.h
There is NO WARRANTY, to the extent permitted by law.  Type "show copying
and "show warranty" for details.
This GDB was configured as "x86_64-w64-mingw32".
Reading symbols from D:\atari\hatari-win64-snapshot-feil\hatari-debug.exe
.
(gdb) run
Starting program: D:\atari\hatari-win64-snapshot-feil\hatari-debug.exe
[New Thread 4168.0x3ec]
warning: Can not parse XML library list; XML support was disabled at comp
[New Thread 4168.0xb14]
[New Thread 4168.0xc44]
[New Thread 4168.0xf68]
[New Thread 4168.0x1344]
[New Thread 4168.0xf58]
[New Thread 4168.0xec4]
[New Thread 4168.0x11f8]
[New Thread 4168.0xf4c]
[New Thread 4168.0x1054]
[New Thread 4168.0x4a8]
warning: HEAP[hatari-debug.exe]:
warning: HEAP: Free Heap block 0000000003B9FAA0 modified at 0000000003B9F
er it was freed

Program received signal SIGTRAP, Trace/breakpoint trap.
0x000007fe7e41d562 in ?? ()
(gdb) backtrace
#0  0x000007fe7e41d562 in ?? ()
#1  0x000007fe7e3cfd15 in ?? ()
#2  0x000007fe7e453c50 in ?? ()
#3  0x0000000003b9faa0 in ?? ()
#4  0x0000000003b9faf8 in ?? ()
#5  0x0000000000300000 in ?? ()
#6  0x0000000000000000 in ?? ()
(gdb) c
Continuing.

0x0000000065999bd2 in ?? ()
(gdb) backtrace
#0  0x0000000065999bd2 in ?? ()
#1  0x0000000000000004 in ?? ()
#2  0x000000000023fa74 in ?? ()
#3  0x00000000659d0f34 in ?? ()
#4  0x000007fe7d900db6 in ?? ()
#5  0x00000000659d0f34 in ?? ()
#6  0x000000000023fa74 in ?? ()
#7  0x000000000023fa78 in ?? ()
#8  0x000000006599f5a4 in ?? ()
#9  0x00000000659d0f34 in ?? ()
#10 0x000000000023fa74 in ?? ()
#11 0x000007fe00000000 in ?? ()
#12 0x00000000020b1800 in ?? ()
#13 0x000007fe7d97e870 in ?? ()
#14 0x0000000003b9ea90 in ?? ()
#15 0x000000000000000c in ?? ()
#16 0x0000000000000002 in ?? ()
#17 0x0000000000000000 in ?? ()
(gdb) c
Continuing..
warning: HEAP[hatari-debug.exe]:
warning: HEAP: Free Heap block 0000000003B9FAE0 modified at 0000000003B9F
er it was freed

Program received signal SIGTRAP, Trace/breakpoint trap.
[Switching to Thread 4168.0x11f8]
0x000007fe7e41d562 in ?? ()
(gdb) backtrace
#0  0x000007fe7e41d562 in ?? ()
#1  0x000007fe7e3cfd15 in ?? ()
#2  0x000007fe7e453c50 in ?? ()
#3  0x0000000003b9fae0 in ?? ()
#4  0x0000000003b9fb78 in ?? ()
#5  0x0000000000000000 in ?? ()
(gdb) c
Continuing.
[Inferior 1 (process 4168) exited with code 03]
(gdb)

This does not tell me much.

On Mon, Apr 22, 2013 at 9:30 PM, Eero Tamminen <oak@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
Hi,

On maanantai 22 huhtikuu 2013, Christer Solskogen wrote:
> On Mon, Apr 22, 2013 at 3:17 PM, Eero Tamminen <oak@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
> It sounds like something is crashing, but it's hard to say whether
>
> > it would be ncurses, readline or Hatari.
> >
> > Can you get a backtrace?
>
> I would love to, but I don't know how. I guess I need a debug-build?

For a backtrace that tells in which library the crash happens,
that shouldn't be necessary.  You will need a debugger (like Gdb)
though.

chs,