Re: [hatari-devel] strange behaviour with infinite loop?

 Hi!

Am Fri, 8 Feb 2013 11:27:04 +0000
schrieb Douglas Little <doug694@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>:

> Hi, I have a question re: Hatari behaviour when a TOS program crashes
> or locks up....
>
> I have been debugging a problem with my code and noticed a pattern
> recurring when my program gets stuck in an inescapable loop. At first
> I assumed it was just my stuff getting out of sync and filling the
> display with garbage but now I notice this same pattern occurs after
> a few seconds when I send the CPU into a deliberate deadlock...
>
> .inf nop
> bra.s .inf
>
> I'm beginning to wonder if this is Hatari trying to issue an error
> message or something via the Atari display to indicate a lockup
> condition? I can't see any way my program could display this pattern
> after it gets into this loop. I'm not writing memory within
> interrupts or anything like that...

It's certainly not a "feature" of Hatari that is causing this pattern.
Maybe there is still an interrupt handler running which goes wild? You
could check with the debugger to see whether there is still some other
code executed (put a breakpoint to the bra.s instruction, and when it
hits the breakpoint, disable the breakpoint again, enable the
cpu_disasm trace flag and continue the emulation).