|Re: [hatari-devel] Building Hatari from sources|
[ Thread Index |
| More lists.tuxfamily.org/hatari-devel Archives
- To: hatari-devel@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
- Subject: Re: [hatari-devel] Building Hatari from sources
- From: Douglas Little <doug694@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
- Date: Mon, 28 Jan 2013 19:31:12 +0000
- Dkim-signature: v=1; a=rsa-sha256; c=relaxed/relaxed; d=googlemail.com; s=20120113; h=mime-version:x-received:in-reply-to:references:date:message-id :subject:from:to:content-type; bh=lFkMHOq/Upw7E0wplMOyzuV8ZvHwNwR9eXV4GJJhKaE=; b=gziZOoXba5v2RMn2atdk+gN4mHfjo/7hbW3A+9rJHW5IyMVgHjYtuByNt1W3YC+fIM HUloP0CY8jkSJVHlyteei5BCPouqqYw9J22zCti+dm67S9ofTvQoDv236Nk5YYqk0MWk 9IWHWBCVtNemktKw9L3TZ/hdtUBAT01+uCjeVUQT1UNw/mrHFKhnEmsCdXfFHvHB8SWk 2bmHk9BJXbKGdFI0o4/tURhNDMGr8K3hC0uWbX7JL77ny7Uc+OvbZ9kdMhb5Lha+n9jF 6Qm7aZ5Ue2zjGfd/Zo12Z1BgLS5sL2gzjJF7bY5uqmbfRdy99MQdSTXDctQVmJwFriqs JIkw==
Do you mean that Cygwin SDL for Windows doesn't support Windows output
at all, just X11?
It may be that Cygwin/SDL could output directly to Windows DirectX or OpenGL or some other device without X11, but I was unable to get that to work despite trying to force it. However it worked providing X11 provided the display.
I think it may have more to do with Cygwin pretending to be Linux, and needing to do everything via X11, even if it ends up in a different device at some lower level (?).
I never really use X much under Cygwin - it's really just a handy way for me to get at GNU dev tools etc. I wouldn't actually use Cygwin as a replacement for a Linux working environment. :)
Mingw might them be better option as it uses windows libraries.
Unfortunately MinGW isn't well supported under Cygwin (I tried to cross compile from there - but only half of the components are available) and I didn't get as far as trying a cross compile from a real Linux environment.
I didn't see any native Windows build projects (e.g. VC6 or NMAKE or whatever else) so I presume MinGW has to be part of a cross compile arrangement?