Re: [hatari-devel] Problem with writing to floppy disk

On sunnuntai 16 joulukuu 2012, Uwe Seimet wrote:
> Looks as I simply was impatient: It takes Hatari as long as on a real
> Atari to copy files to a floppy disk, doesn't it? When waiting long
> enough it works.

When Nicolas implemented better FDC emulation, --slowfdc option was
deprecated and --fastfdc added.  Very few demos & games require more
accurate FDC emulation and they're mentioned in the compatibility list,
so you can pretty safely enable "--fastfdc yes" in your configuration.

> When trying the -c option it did not work for me, i.e. my saved
> configuration was used even though I used -c with an empty configuration
> file. -c did not seem to have any effect, but it complains when the
> specified file is missing.

Documentation states that file given with -c is read instead of
~/.hatari/hatari.cfg, but actually it's read after user's config file
i.e. it can just override options there.  This is done because
command line options (in general) are supposed to override just
specified options.

I fixed the documentation and hatari --help output.

	- Eero

PS. I also added "CWD" button to Hatari SDL UI file selector
so that one can switch to hatari's work directory (typically
directory from which hatari was started).