Re: [hatari-devel] Hatari manual internal links problem

Am Fri, 21 Dec 2012 14:20:49 +0200

> Hi,
>
> I got a complainment from atari-forum about the Hatari manual.
>
> The way how the index is done now (with JS, after document is
> loaded) breaks the usage of internal links in the manual from
> the outside.
>
> If there's a link like this:
> http://hg.tuxfamily.org/mercurialroot/hatari/hatari/raw-
> file/tip/doc/manual.html#Introduction
>
> It doesn't work.

I've added a fix to the toc script, so it now seems to work fine - at
least with Firefox, Chromium and Konqueror.

> I added the name tag back for Debugger section because
> I refer a lot to that, but I would suggest adding name
> tags also for rest of the top level sections.

Please do not use named anchors anymore! They are obsolete (i.e. the
W3 HTML validator complains about them). Use the id-tag instead.
And I don't like the idea to re-introduce manual id-tags (or named
anchors) for the headers again. We've had that in the past and it
also never really worked well - they were often not up-to-date anymore.
So if the fixed toc script now works with all major browsers, I'd
rather suggest to remove the remaining manual id-tags instead.