Re: [hatari-devel] 68030 MMU work

Am Thu, 4 Oct 2012 18:28:15 +0200
schrieb Andreas Grabher <andreas.grabher@xxxxxxxxxxxx>:

> Thanks for testing and finding the problem.
> After fixing transparent translation and function code handling, the
> MMU should now work properly. I think it would make sense, to re-test
> other software that uses the MMU. I think there is a good chance that
> previously occurring problems are now gone. The now fixed problem
> with transparent translation in fact disabled address translation in
> many cases.
>
> The last source of problems might be exceptions. Some more work needs
> to be done there. This might this time also affect 68040 MMU, but i'm
> not sure yet.

I just did a quick test with the X-TASIE demo, but it still does not
work yet. A quick investigation shows that it now really triggers MMU
bus errors, and it then tries to access the information on the stack in
the exception handler - which of course does not result in the correct
values yet.

So yes, looks like we first got to implement the right stack frame for
the MMU bus errors in 68030 mode before we get something useful going...