Re: [hatari-devel] WinUAE CPU core issue with Pure debugger

On tiistai 09 lokakuu 2012, Uwe Seimet wrote:
> > And more importantly, does PD work if you use just
> > GEMDOS emulation and don't have any IDE drives?
> >
> > I.e. is the problem specific to presense of IDE drives?
>
> I ran some more tests and the problem is not related to the presence of
> IDE drives. Even with no drives present (except GEMDOS drives) PD crashes
> most of the time, but not always. With no AUTO folder in case of a crash
> this is the debug output:
>
> Exception 2 (0) at a72e8 -> a72f8!
> A-Trap a000 at a8f30 (0xd92d70)
> M68000 Bus Error reading at address $10.
> Illegal instruction: 4afc at 000A3D12 -> 00000000
> Exception 2 (0) at a9616 -> a95da!
> M68000 Bus Error reading at address $10.
> Illegal instruction: 00e0 at 00000030 -> 00000000
> Exception 2 (0) at a9616 -> a95da!
> M68000 Bus Error writing at address $fffffc.
> Exception 2 (0) at a7394 -> a95da!
> M68000 Bus Error writing at address $fffff8.
> Exception 2 (0) at a7394 -> a95da!
> M68000 Bus Error writing at address $fffff4.
>
> and so on. This is with MMU support switched off. With MMU support
> switched on it's even worse, there is a never ending series of bus
> errors.

Ah, you're using the WinUAE version Hatari.  With that I can
reproduce the crash consistently.  When I use the old UAE CPU core,
PD starts just fine.

This happens also with other TOS >= v1.06 versions.  With some of them
PD startup gets a bit further, but eventually it will go to error
loop, but only when using WinUAE version of Hatari.

I.e. this is WinUAE core issues, I updated the summary.