Re: [hatari-devel] IDE emulation and Pure debugger

On sunnuntai 07 lokakuu 2012, Eero Tamminen wrote:
> Does it work if you start Hatari without IDE disks,
> add them and reset the emulation?

And more importantly, does PD work if you use just
GEMDOS emulation and don't have any IDE drives?

I.e. is the problem specific to presense of IDE drives?

> > On sunnuntai 07 lokakuu 2012, Uwe Seimet wrote:
> > Looks as if entering the hard disk settings somehow affects
> > the emulation, even when nothing is changed in the settings.

I saw nothing in hard disk settings that could affect things
even if you didn't change anything.

However, I noticed that reseting doesn't clear any internal
Hatari state in regards to ACSI or IDE drives.

In the case of ACSI drive the internal state would seem to be
file position within the hd image file and current HDC command[1].

In the case of IDE, there's an ide_reset() function, but that's
called only on Ide_Init().

And Ide_Un/Init & HDC_Un/Init are called only when IDE/ASCI
drives are ejected or their file names have been changed.

	- Eero

[1] Keyboard input for invoking Hatari options or keyboard
shortcuts (like Cold Reset) is processed only at VBL intervals.
Can ASCI command persist between VBLs i.e. is it possible
that not clearing it could be a problem on reset?