Re: [hatari-devel] Microwire register value on Falcon

On 03/02/2012 23:52, Eero Tamminen wrote:

Btw. I was thinking that the "pFunction" member in INTERRUPTHANDLER
is superfluous and and that compiler might be able to optimized checking
all members of a bool array better than checking struct array bool
members.  With such changes, there are much less data holes for CPU
cache.  If that indeed is faster, maybe something like attached patch
could be considered for the Hatari v1.7? :-)

I see what you mean with your patch, but I'm not sure splitting the struct array with 2 members in 2 arrays. This would need to be measured of course to be sure, but I would not expect the gain to be noticeable (at the asm level the cpu can use the equivalent of xx(a0) to access the bool or the cycles, without any real penalty on modern cpu ; and I don't expect any recent cpu to not be able to have the whole interrupt array in its cache).