Re: [hatari-devel] Removing magic values from PSG?

On 03/02/2012 23:00, Laurent Sallafranque wrote:
Hi,

I'm OK with Eero's patch too.

I was refering to the following lines :

memset(PSGRegisters, 0, sizeof(PSGRegisters));
- for ( i=0 ; i<14 ; i++ ) /* Update sound's emulation registers */
+ /* Update sound's emulation registers */
+ for ( i=0 ; i< NUM_PSG_SOUND_REGISTERS; i++ )
Sound_WriteReg ( i , 0 );

Are these lines creating shadow registers for the sound ?
I may misunderstand the code here, it's just in case, as there's no
shadow register on the Falcon for the sound.

No, these lines don't create shadow registers ; they're just updating the sound generation engine with the '0' that were directly written in the array PSGRegisters without accessing ff8800/02

Shadow registers are not handled in psg.c/sound.c but in the ioMem*.c files.

By the way eero, you should use PSG_REG_IO_PORTA (=14) instead of NUM_PSG_SOUND_REGISTERS. Only sound related psg's registers should be sent to Sound_WriteReg (values above 14 will be ignored, but it's useless to send them anyway)

Nicolas

Regards

Laurent