Re: [hatari-devel] Getting cycles used by previous or next instruction without modifying CPU state?

On keskiviikko 22 helmikuu 2012, Nicolas Pomarède wrote:
> > Is CurrentInstrCycles about the instruction that was just executed?
> > If yes, then it's perfect. :-)
>
> In the case of read/write access to IO register, CurrentInstrCycles is
> the number of cycles of the current instruction that is actually
> accessing the IO. Have a look at m68k_run, that's were it's handled, you
> should be able to see if it fits your need.

Well, I've been waiting for somebody doing actual Atari coding to
actually use the profiler to check where their code spends most of
it's time and tell if it doesn't seem to be giving correct values...

I myself need only the instruction counting, cycle counting addition
was more of an afterthought because other platforms have that kind
of profilers.