Re: [hatari-devel] Bugtracker proposal

Le 07/12/2011 18:47, Matthias Arndt a écrit :
Hello,

Am Dienstag, den 06.12.2011, 20:54 +0100 schrieb Thomas Huth:
regarding the fact that we don't have an official bugtracker for
Hatari now. I suggest that we simply keep an HTML file along with the
documentation and update it.

That's a good idea, but we already got a compatibility.html and todo.txt
file in the doc directory, where we list problems with programs/demos
and other todo items. I somehow dislike the idea of having yet
another file where we track things that have to be done. For generic
bugs (not related to programs), we could also simply add a "bugs"
section in the todo.txt file.

I agree. That would be a start and as helpful. I also see it is already
linked from the manual. Maybe that link could be made more prominent?

What do the others think? Esp. Nicolas who is constanly investigating
possible bugs filed by nash67 at atari-forum.com?

Hello

I think that between 2 releases, we might encounter a lot of problems, but they will usually be fixed before releasing, so only a limited number of issues would remain in the end (maybe 20-30 games/demos from what I remember now, so not that much, games often tend to be fixed more quickly because the remaining demos problems require a lower level emulation with more "details").

Given that the list would be rather small, I think an HTML file might be too "big" for that ; adding this to the "todo.txt" seems more reasonnable to me.

In the same way, I think we could add a more detailled description in the release-notes.txt file, with a full (or at least big enough) list of all games/demos/programs that are known to be fixed with this specific release : many users might not know that fixing FDC or shifter for example imply that game A or demo B now works.

Some users could also know that game A is broken since hatari 1.4, so by looking at release-notes.txt they could see immediatly if the release fixes it.

Regards