Re: [eigen] OuterstrideMatch in src/Core/Ref.h

Hi Rasmus,
  Attached is a MWE that behaves identically to what we see in our
codebase. Is this a bug or are we doing something wrong? If this is
indeed a bug, I can do some work to put it into a proper unit test
which we can make pass.
Sincerely,
Luke

On Wed, Dec 9, 2020 at 9:56 AM Rasmus Munk Larsen <rmlarsen@xxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

> A MWE would be very nice, thanks! The test covereign in Eigen is not as comprehensive as one could wish for, which probably explain why you don't see this in the test suite. Ideally the MWE should be in the form of a new test.
>
> Rasmus
>
> On Tue, Dec 8, 2020 at 7:47 PM Dale Lukas Peterson <hazelnusse@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:
>>
>> I will see what I can do to create a MWE. Any thoughts on why ninja/make check passes with or without the patch?
>>
>> On Tue, Dec 8, 2020, 1:46 PM Rasmus Munk Larsen <rmlarsen@xxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
>>>
>>> Dale, could you send a minimal reproducer of the issue. Preferably file an issue at https://gitlab.com/libeigen/eigen/-/issues

relations, for Nature cannot be fooled. -- Richard Feynman
#include <iostream>
#include <Eigen/Dense>

int main() {
  constexpr int num_rows = 3;
  constexpr int num_columns = 4;
  Eigen::MatrixXd y = Eigen::MatrixXd::Random(num_rows, num_columns);

  constexpr int num_bottom_rows = 1;
  const Eigen::Ref<const Eigen::Matrix<double, num_bottom_rows, num_columns>> z =
      y.bottomRows(num_bottom_rows);

  // These should be the same but are not.
  std::cout << y.bottomRows(num_bottom_rows) << '\n'