|Re: [eigen] OuterstrideMatch in src/Core/Ref.h|
[ Thread Index |
| More lists.tuxfamily.org/eigen Archives
- To: eigen <eigen@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
- Subject: Re: [eigen] OuterstrideMatch in src/Core/Ref.h
- From: Rasmus Munk Larsen <rmlarsen@xxxxxxxxxx>
- Date: Wed, 9 Dec 2020 09:56:03 -0800
- Dkim-signature: v=1; a=rsa-sha256; c=relaxed/relaxed; d=google.com; s=20161025; h=mime-version:references:in-reply-to:from:date:message-id:subject:to; bh=cs6wrazGi/WWxwmIhM9PZB9oPUTEae7g4L28/yO6g4I=; b=tqjcSQx9PBqZOew8lna0dXBYDkQRxFkz3fB4J9xQFbn1OGd7xUjID+NJogyazNWPA4 msgt1Sl2vCiqeXLcw0rcYr0fr8oCvu6r1VdULyBvOfEMsMMOM8UXc7UPvI0uLYsTVfRE 8RXWXYRzRiw+TmYc7jug0t/9769NRodVMK73VLnyTOCCH9EfGjFl3CRinNrW9dwDW7D7 uoMlUbn8dUtCQ8PqoTara6hYEvke1f78kWM0OlOte5cl9JfPME1b/7fKtmp9S8tYBkw3 bTUYpWGvMtDtc45L5lbZJzPAycxAGXhzIwTqnvNLQ1H7pOn28B0de8gwHaeBFvPf/6vu IsbA==
A MWE would be very nice, thanks! The test covereign in Eigen is not as comprehensive as one could wish for, which probably explain why you don't see this in the test suite. Ideally the MWE should be in the form of a new test.
I will see what I can do to create a MWE. Any thoughts on why ninja/make check passes with or without the patch?
We use Eigen at work and are trying to integrate the recent v3.3.9
release. Everything in our codebase builds and passes tests with the
exception of one set of numerical tests which only pass if we apply
the attached patch. This patch effectively ignores
PlainObjectBase::IsVectorAtCompileTime for the purposes of
OuterStrideMatch. I don't fully understand this part of Eigen nor the
failing code internally at my company. However, with this patch
applied, the check target behaves identically to without having it
applied so I am at a bit of a loss as to whether it is really safe for
us to apply.
Are there any eigen devs out there who can speak to this part of Eigen
and give any feedback on whether this patch would be reasonable or