Re: [eigen] Merge the evaluator branch

On Sun, Sep 21, 2014 at 6:30 PM, Christoph Hertzberg <chtz@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
Unfortunately, I get quite some "virtual memory exhausted" errors on one of my test-machines 'cerver':
http://manao.inria.fr/CDash/index.php?project=Eigen&date=2014-09-21&display=project
(I limited virtual memory to 1.5GB, since this machine only has 2GB of RAM and is barely usable if it uses more memory for compiling)
The command I used for limiting virtual memory is
  ulimit -v 1572864
if someone wants to try to reproduce.

indeed, I did some quick measurements for the eigensolver_selfadjoint_1 unit tests, and I got:

gcc/3.2: 1.35GB, 44s
gcc/default: 1.67GB, 44s

clang/3.2: 560MB, 14s
clang/default: 850MB, 18s

I hope that the upcoming cleaning passes will reduce this overhead.

Furthermore, there seems to be some problems with cuda:
http://manao.inria.fr/CDash/viewBuildError.php?buildid=14352

right, I did not tested with nvcc yet.