|[eigen] Merge the evaluator branch|
[ Thread Index |
| More lists.tuxfamily.org/eigen Archives
- To: eigen <eigen@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
- Subject: [eigen] Merge the evaluator branch
- From: Gael Guennebaud <gael.guennebaud@xxxxxxxxx>
- Date: Mon, 15 Sep 2014 09:22:31 +0200
- Dkim-signature: v=1; a=rsa-sha256; c=relaxed/relaxed; d=gmail.com; s=20120113; h=mime-version:from:date:message-id:subject:to:content-type; bh=5bnlMO0zD1VmvF4moFvzzly5Xjwitav9UjZ6jLZFVww=; b=Xc1N2MGl5L06Hyk/wetZq94PrDTAYvDkFT0tk5zimjUWdKxNXERvJXWgW1lm4BO2At YThTYCxOl/rX3en07rCOE8xl/HHsf41cWAI1E2RDW4Q3MZPDpODZGLjmltghTjKUbR1a s7ToJeaShFDpq0GrITmQMA7ZUw5oOczzeHVy0tMLVRCstyJIICsg/EZd70Yp6HrkhGMv 5dngqeD0/At6JG29m22tA80d5d5m91t4U1PNqQF+We3GDxdSeaPAfdJgaFnTYs/7WPkj xZnFr9bboXhLMhpprqo5YwpATcefgh8su1s+6BCxeEre/7Qiwmu5uVwqEp7poE9CUcqz CjiQ==
The evaluator branch  has well progressed during the past few months, and even though everything is not done yet, I think it is time to merge it in the default branch and suppress deprecated code. Unless someone is against this proposal, I'd like to do the cleanup and merge at the end of the week such that the bravest can give it a try on their own project to detect possible regressions as early as possible.
You can have a brief overview of the current state on this page . Basically, in this branch:
- using evaluator is the default behavior.
- the old path can still be enabled by defining EIGEN_TEST_NO_EVALUATORS.
- removing the old path is the "cleaning" step I was talking about above.
Doing the cleaning and merge now will save me a lot of time to avoid fixing bugs twice and to have a better overview of what remains to be done.