|Re: [eigen] Re-structuring the documentation|
[ Thread Index |
| More lists.tuxfamily.org/eigen Archives
- To: eigen <eigen@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
- Subject: Re: [eigen] Re-structuring the documentation
- From: Gael Guennebaud <gael.guennebaud@xxxxxxxxx>
- Date: Sat, 5 Jan 2013 16:55:30 +0100
- Dkim-signature: v=1; a=rsa-sha256; c=relaxed/relaxed; d=gmail.com; s=20120113; h=x-received:mime-version:in-reply-to:references:from:date:message-id :subject:to:content-type; bh=+KiJGNQJqHbb6iSyXsFqbtizBrlvCBzRn3uGLQDdzjY=; b=KX0n5X9EJWFOk/8TTJttoBzi0NblpVfZp96lqQV2coQbIyok75R/hg79cY4a5XUbLK LqYQKqg0hlteTB+dpoGENFpfv/gTzhvWQcSFYWq5jUjvKSO1vw7JcLV+fdgDEPNO8B+i 7Td1lW29DHLn+wBpYJ65LrOmVU9WWTnvEiaoF+A1UUnu+xXoYZwDrsxF1WuNAPP5j1Vv oSEfYalOOCbSrthM2ox+5jQJ04Eakv55W1KvWfuZtPy2g3EmPvYku+asQndfYZ9Kdpox 0GAq0bexorsN1SN+STZg7TH3rHZ9H+qp7px0AyDXLEIY55gWDMtmb64pn4wMcs++1Iq5 oH5Q==
I also don't have strong preference between 4 and 5. Since 5 was more
advanced, I continued with it, and came with:
If we want to move to the variant #4 in the future, this won't be much work.
Now, all the relevant documentation files are included in the tree, I
removed the root node, automatically expand the current node, and
Now we can update the "overview" page, and work again on the content ;)
The changes are in the repo, and here is the commit that summarize all
date: 2013-01-05 16:37:11
summary: Big changes in Eigen documentation:
- Organize the documentation into "chapters".
- Each chapter include many documentation pages, reference pages
organized as modules, and a quick reference page.
- The "Chapters" tree is created using the defgroup/ingroup
mechanism, even for the documentation pages (i.e., .dox files for
which I added an \eigenManualPage macro that we can switch between
\page or \defgroup ).
- Add a "General topics" entry for all pages that do not fit well in
the previous "chapters".
- The highlevel struture is managed by a new eigendoxy_layout.xml file.
- remove the "index" and quite useless pages (namespace list, class
hierarchy, member list, file list, etc.)
- add the "treeview" panel.
- remove \tableofcontents (replace them by a custom \eigenAutoToc
macro to be able to easily re-enable if needed).
of the current page, and put the TOC in the left side panel.
- remove the root of the treeview
- remove links to section/subsection from the treeview
- automatically expand the "Chapters" section
- automatically expand the current section
- adjust the height of the treeview to take into account the TOC
- always use the default .css file, eigendoxy.css now only includes
- use Doxyfile to specify our logo
- remove cross references to unsupported modules (temporarily)
affected #: 49 files
On Fri, Jan 4, 2013 at 1:43 PM, Thomas Capricelli <orzel@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
> Il 04/01/2013 11:21, Gael Guennebaud ha scritto:
>> Nevertheless, I made a last attempt that is in-between 3 and 4: it use
>> the grouping mechanism of 3, but a structure more like 4 where the "->
>> Reference" link has been replaced by the true reference block with
>> Modules and Classes:
>> expanded whatsoever. This is probably the most interesting thing about
>> this variant, and the same trick can be applied the #4 one to keep the
>> first level of the User Manual always visible.
>> If you are only interested by the reference pages, then 4 remains better.
> The auto-expand is good indeed, keep it !
> Concerning the layout, i still kinda prefer the option 4, which makes it
> clear that there are a "User manual" part and a "reference" part. With
> option 5 it's less obvious.
> But it really is a "i find it slightly better". I'm perfectly happy with
> option 5 nonetheless.
> Thomas Capricelli <orzel@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>