Re: [eigen] New Levenberg Marquardt stuff

No, Its not a good idea.

Eigen is a linear algebra library (or atleast thats how most people think about it).
why should a full fledged nonlinear least squares library be included in it?
based on eigen is a very  loose term. we use eigen extensively, but thats not the only thing we use.
let me rephrase, Ceres is a large and complicated dependency.

Sameer

On Fri, Dec 7, 2012 at 1:57 PM, Thomas Capricelli <orzel@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
Il 07/12/2012 22:17, Sameer Agarwal ha scritto:
> Ceres is a rather large library, putting it into Eigen is neither
> practical or a good idea.

If it has a better LM, and if that LM is based on eigen, it would
definitely be a great option to move it to eigen, don't you think ? The
same for the other generic algorithm there might be there.