Re: [eigen] New Levenberg Marquardt stuff

On 12/07/2012 04:57 PM, Thomas Capricelli wrote:
Il 07/12/2012 22:17, Sameer Agarwal ha scritto:
Ceres is a rather large library, putting it into Eigen is neither
practical or a good idea.
If it has a better LM, and if that LM is based on eigen, it would
definitely be a great option to move it to eigen, don't you think ? The
same for the other generic algorithm there might be there.

Thomas

Ugh No!

I don't know anything about Ceres or LM. I don't have any need for them. Which is precisely why I am speaking out against its wholesale inclusion. If it is big, then it should be a separate component. If it is a feature that most Eigen users will not need, then doubly so.

I often wish the boost project had put a little more thought into code size along the way. It is 65MB in tar.gz form. There is a bcp utility that is used for selecting subsets of it, but it is not great.