|Re: [eigen] Eigen 3.1.1 and LGPL components|
[ Thread Index |
| More lists.tuxfamily.org/eigen Archives
- To: Benoit Jacob <jacob.benoit.1@xxxxxxxxx>
- Subject: Re: [eigen] Eigen 3.1.1 and LGPL components
- From: Gael Guennebaud <gael.guennebaud@xxxxxxxxx>
- Date: Wed, 29 Aug 2012 09:16:37 +0200
- Cc: eigen@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
- Dkim-signature: v=1; a=rsa-sha256; c=relaxed/relaxed; d=gmail.com; s=20120113; h=mime-version:in-reply-to:references:from:date:message-id:subject:to :cc:content-type; bh=xfxC2ATMx3lvyRO4YDAuTjV4fiVAk3FV+ua0rnHHXQg=; b=ymXKrV0Cj1Qf4mryaj40QWaSuw/TAdvaiD0f0zbIT2kV4PG3IyRGMIE5iNGr+EvINK 7VTT41rimOeSESsH06DQbJwjwNHPZYxKxol0Ih3MF6R3EScF3EFxhM44T6QZMV6lKLlP rMekgkVrPsjAKvNtJon5svNDYP0iXsA/YD21x4H8kiesdttR+4b82usK6/OFS0LkLFGC taNuZGF3YARyksgPddKuwG/kz9bucxm2BVhEpXELvC55zmvHLgo3FjJ1HSLnpUGe/sbf f/d1Oqsq2N53koEY88SfPHOmk5lhCIRfbf9mCg9R+nw/jy1jk1SFyKhpKSTveF/Zwnm4 Pjbw==
it's "LGPL2.1, or (at your option) any later version". So, it's LGPL3 too.
On Tue, Aug 28, 2012 at 11:39 PM, Benoit Jacob <jacob.benoit.1@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:
> Gael, do you confirm that the LGPL 3rdparty code used by the Sparse
> solvers is LGPL2.1, not LGPL3?
> 2012/8/28 Clifford Yapp <cliffyapp@xxxxxxxxx>:
>> On Tue, Aug 28, 2012 at 12:26 PM, Benoit Jacob <jacob.benoit.1@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:
>>> Thanks for the heads up.
>>> Any remaining LGPL code in the Eigen tree is third-party code whose
>>> licensing is not decided by us.
>>> So the presence of the LGPL3 text only in the top-level directory is
>>> only a remnant from the pre-MPL2 days, as you guessed.
>>> This will be corrected shortly by adding a copy of the LGPL 2.1.
>> Excellent - thank you! Eigen's sparse matrix and sparse solver
>> functionality looks to be quite useful for the problem I'm working on
>> at the moment, so that's great news!