|Re: [eigen] Planning a Eigen 3.1.1 release early next week?|
[ Thread Index |
| More lists.tuxfamily.org/eigen Archives
- To: eigen@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
- Subject: Re: [eigen] Planning a Eigen 3.1.1 release early next week?
- From: Benoit Jacob <jacob.benoit.1@xxxxxxxxx>
- Date: Sun, 15 Jul 2012 12:27:20 -0400
- Dkim-signature: v=1; a=rsa-sha256; c=relaxed/relaxed; d=gmail.com; s=20120113; h=mime-version:in-reply-to:references:date:message-id:subject:from:to :content-type; bh=T/QEUO5pThvWakP9kT+W0SSU7PJPe5vuDrxQxKQXJbI=; b=ceFlEEczOykoQNiWcvYTDVVhEDFhQv0VZn6UikDDrisD5E1lpFGDhbDQoIe04jDp4k 2hb53SIqpUdXW0mgtNHrx/60rTAYNFpKh758VPvtygoGo3NsSNzEY2zDScgk2bFq8m1D CdAhyDxw/Ol+PrwwCow1VevPCoCeecxNUEXa9hG6EqP4xu4s5iWlBOWvP7jnYSNCr2pJ IeHpa8IDKvxKJgdLqOQKNqu3OoCknU+MG5dvGHaiIzkxkET0BeoHID5E7ZUZVEGK7WQJ fmYL/xl/4XaTdHd06rUbg3g8Mqw5SmTReaogSAqSY3nxOQ30f3rr5E9oWvexg7OTcxfA tPvg==
Indeed, I just ran all tests on linux x86-64 gcc 4.6 and all tests pass.
But I'm always concerned about compilation on older / non-gcc compilers.
Testing is very welcome. I will release 3.1.1 as soon as people report
about enough compilers/systems.
2012/7/14 Gael Guennebaud <gael.guennebaud@xxxxxxxxx>:
> I'm usually able to compile and run the unit tests on a wide range of
> compilers and options, but that time I won't since I'll be at a
> conference and cannot access to my workstation. In particular it would
> be nice if some of you could test with ICC and old MSVC versions.
> Nevertheless, I had a quick look at the list of changes since 3.1.0,
> and I cannot imagine we introduced any regression, but who knows.
> I think the COPYING.LGPL should be kept for the two or three files
> that remains LGPL.
> On Sat, Jul 14, 2012 at 4:04 AM, Benoit Jacob <jacob.benoit.1@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:
>> Now that we have completed the relicensing, we should have a 3.1.1
>> release as soon as possible. Maybe it's realistic to hope to release
>> early next week, but I haven't been doing releases recently so I'm not
>> current on how long it takes to stabilize the stable branch.
>> Also, TODO before that:
>> - what I wrote in my last email needs to be done (wiki update etc)
>> - as we concluded in the other thread, MINPACK can be put back into
>> the EIGEN_MPL2_ONLY perimeter
>> - the COPYING.*GPL files need to be removed and replaced by MPL2