|Re: [eigen] Relicensing Eigen|
[ Thread Index |
| More lists.tuxfamily.org/eigen Archives
- To: eigen@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
- Subject: Re: [eigen] Relicensing Eigen
- From: Rohit Garg <rpg.314@xxxxxxxxx>
- Date: Thu, 28 Jun 2012 16:12:43 -0400
- Dkim-signature: v=1; a=rsa-sha256; c=relaxed/relaxed; d=gmail.com; s=20120113; h=mime-version:in-reply-to:references:from:date:message-id:subject:to :content-type:content-transfer-encoding; bh=UlM/J5uXqVqVb1pAZ6p7Y0ZtWT/KMwpQYKum+0p4fAI=; b=sv4vAwACYOUlHUsSlmM4yGOAWnDMXnMRnkmZ358Ijviwm7QXl2u8iS/B0xaO3n/7Jw xs+c4hc1SXf3GwM6ltjsE1zsSXFGmsPskTHSkyWtAS6nKDUkNHsGgPBliMHzwOjpM1zD s6VoL7oofQcvBVdVFBX8ch29LulPCXKK2YWxw56h0BwU6GSMqCIXFjHnRQDhEixwPruJ sTUnn6DNkfGFE0JMaPiujOhf2Rv4Mf51ff02KRHFzgkbOf1cJYI/xehqTRWxUdyA33Cp wCzE5L1g7QeZgtJ77njxFeDyeGx6cUBPFvlniIMNc70bf7aLi1F4PoBYm8+xShPy9cts Wi7g==
I would like to know the status of MPL's compatibility with both GPL2 and GPL3.
On Thu, Jun 28, 2012 at 4:02 PM, Keir Mierle <mierle@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:
> Dan kindly offered to comment on this issue.
> On Thu, Jun 28, 2012 at 12:18 PM, Benoit Jacob <jacob.benoit.1@xxxxxxxxx>
>> Anyone wanting to help speed up this process, here is how you can help:
>> Read the MPL2 text carefully and report here on exactly what is the
>> status of GPL compatibility, report if we need to do anything
>> non-default to enable GPL compatibility, and point to precise
>> sentences in the MPL2 text.
>> the MPL2: http://www.mozilla.org/MPL/2.0/
>> the FAQ: http://www.mozilla.org/MPL/2.0/FAQ.html
>> 2012/6/28 Marcus D. Hanwell <marcus.hanwell@xxxxxxxxxxx>:
>> > On Thu, Jun 28, 2012 at 2:54 PM, Rhys Ulerich <rhys.ulerich@xxxxxxxxx>
>> > wrote:
>> >>> OSS-knowledgeable lawyer
>> >> Those are like doctors. Best to get a second opinion. Maybe a third
>> >> and fourth. :)
>> > We have sought a few ourselves, and it is has been one of our main
>> > issues in using this. I don't know the exact time frame, but Benoit
>> > just recently posted an update on this.
>> > Virtually everything I do is released BSD, and in the business world
>> > the sheer size and complexity of the GPL licenses can be a real
>> > impediment to using libraries. It is great to see Eigen moving to a
>> > simpler license.
>> > Hopefully Benoit (or others) will be around with more details soon.
>> > Marcus
Applied and Engineering Physics