|[eigen] Re: Contributor approval for the MPL2 relicensing (YOUR ACTION NEEDED)|
[ Thread Index |
| More lists.tuxfamily.org/eigen Archives
- To: eigen <eigen@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
- Subject: [eigen] Re: Contributor approval for the MPL2 relicensing (YOUR ACTION NEEDED)
- From: Benoit Jacob <jacob.benoit.1@xxxxxxxxx>
- Date: Thu, 28 Jun 2012 16:12:50 -0400
- Dkim-signature: v=1; a=rsa-sha256; c=relaxed/relaxed; d=gmail.com; s=20120113; h=mime-version:in-reply-to:references:date:message-id:subject:from:to :content-type:content-transfer-encoding; bh=0+3tT9zV8KWFmnWr8YL1cRrXQpQbQsHnSYn6NTztfbM=; b=cPjNGohKGO4e2jMDWjkYAiO3SWWx/stg4J1PSVEjXcTpsQEZxP3CyOx7Y+pj2doTOp 30zmP+B1dSiUgNxn6S3WYEBfM+LdXYWb2LAt6sqLROKe8l0bhRyjzPy9/ECl2ox2CYyJ ZNuu7k6XcQjkTZ+m177MBg8XZiS8yiyQ55ti1QvTXkQ97PtpzEOu2RjQYf7jM6rvW5rn iCrvxVWwN8pJqVmTeM4dBRSOAkE08CZ1dbINLWk7RmAtp/5OulC2/LZRNX8/pL3T+UIe 7EF3fhFw2lLTleRXK8btuoFJl+YS8jge36b3ZTXM2WV4QKl6iKOl1oEZ68+JRBBYQWjI RrAA==
2012/6/28 Benoit Jacob <jacob.benoit.1@xxxxxxxxx>:
> Notice that this is about relicensing Eigen to the MPL2 *only*. The
> current LGPL/GPL licensing options will be removed. Make sure that you
> understand this. We are currently investigating the status of MPL-GPL
> compatibility, as that is of course a requirement for this relicensing
> to be acceptable. You can help with that --- see the other thread. We
> will not actually relicense until we are certain that this will be
> acceptable by users who rely on LGPL/GPL compatibility.
I am now confident that we will preserve LGPL/GPL compatibility by
switching to MPL2. See my explanation in the newest thread about that.
Any compatibility discussion should happen there.
> So, please reply to this email with either one of the following two sentences:
> Yes, I agree to have all the code that I contributed to Eigen
> relicensed to the MPL2 license.
> No, I do not agree.
> Anything else than the above "Yes" sentence will mean "No".