|Re: [eigen] Re: Contributor approval for the MPL2 relicensing (YOUR ACTION NEEDED)|
[ Thread Index |
| More lists.tuxfamily.org/eigen Archives
- To: eigen@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
- Subject: Re: [eigen] Re: Contributor approval for the MPL2 relicensing (YOUR ACTION NEEDED)
- From: Keir Mierle <mierle@xxxxxxxxx>
- Date: Fri, 29 Jun 2012 09:19:07 -0700
- Dkim-signature: v=1; a=rsa-sha256; c=relaxed/relaxed; d=gmail.com; s=20120113; h=mime-version:in-reply-to:references:date:message-id:subject:from:to :content-type; bh=iY5TryPL0/MyBbTcPyHTxixzBHakbmdOs7IMCk4F4xI=; b=d1Q/SP4rZivFV2BQsLy8xTEZVXI5TlxwItl/KNatoQkGidVbc6bqvRYJoCOeakYLvp XzHhSgP5IthPvD0xtcJV7k/D70TkbeLi+fmEErCezhfLytG2uAsNDquXr8BrX74Ox8tB xahdY2ZC9E+vRbCmS9QYc5KDq6wFJfxKpzM04EiVKuk0gQDdy7giD20EEzInNJ7w4I1i DJ/vDSgsPFK46Ec+xZ2ah0ElPObgmLLbSqZHbXjGfH1+Lci6Btjr78c2c7AdXUXgIk/8 z1kFCLR03tkcn952iHhQBrzddJWf80YNbgEceGyeUuA1EQOjfBFtKh5RQLbDa16rcvnb xTFg==
Generally this is solved by requiring copyright assignment to a central authority. This is what the FSF does. The only issue is where to assign copyright.
On Fri, Jun 29, 2012 at 9:15 AM, Trevor Irons <trevorirons@xxxxxxxxx>
Would it be legal (and possible under Mercerial) to add something like the following automatically to any commit:
IMPORTANT LICENSE INFORMATION
I hereby grant The Eigen Project(R) an unlimited license to my copyright. This includes, but is not limited to the ability to redistribute and license this software under the current software license(s) adopted by the Eigen Project(R). The Eigen Project reserves the right to change the software license of the entire project, and is hereby granted permission to redistribute this patch under any future licenses adopted by the Eigen Project.
IF YOU DO NOT AGREE WITH THIS STATEMENT, PLEASE DELETE THIS PARAGRAPH.
I would be surprised if many people would object to such a statement and it would make things like this much simpler. Than any changes about such things only would need the permission of the 'Core' Development team, which seems completely reasonable to me. I'm actually a bit surprised you have to ask EVERYONE for permission.
On 29 June 2012 09:36, Marc Glisse <marc.glisse@xxxxxxxx>
Yes, I agree to have all the code that I contributed to Eigen relicensed to the MPL2 license.
I don't remember ever contributing to eigen, but I received an email from Benoit Jacob asking for my permission and clearly my contribution shouldn't hinder you from chosing whatever license you like.