Re: [eigen] Re: Contributor approval for the MPL2 relicensing (YOUR ACTION NEEDED)

Would it be legal (and possible under Mercerial) to add something like the following automatically to any commit:

IMPORTANT LICENSE INFORMATION
I hereby grant The Eigen Project(R) an unlimited license to my copyright. This includes, but is not limited to the ability to redistribute and license this software under the current software license(s) adopted by the Eigen Project(R). The Eigen Project reserves the right to change the software license of the entire project, and is hereby granted permission to redistribute this patch under any future licenses adopted by the Eigen Project.
IF YOU DO NOT AGREE WITH THIS STATEMENT, PLEASE DELETE THIS PARAGRAPH.

I would be surprised if many people would object to such a statement and it would make things like this much simpler. Than any changes about such things only would need the  permission of the 'Core' Development team, which seems completely reasonable to me. I'm actually a bit surprised you have to ask EVERYONE for permission.

-- Trevor