|[eigen] Decrease in performances|
[ Thread Index |
| More lists.tuxfamily.org/eigen Archives
- To: eigen@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
- Subject: [eigen] Decrease in performances
- From: Maxime REIS <maxime.reis@xxxxxxxxx>
- Date: Mon, 25 Jun 2012 12:10:26 +0200
- Dkim-signature: v=1; a=rsa-sha256; c=relaxed/relaxed; d=gmail.com; s=20120113; h=mime-version:date:message-id:subject:from:to:content-type; bh=JeKdoAJfXZlTtuVP5u/u4ONyoJqKbv+ectHFcZveyxw=; b=EcffUYqFns6IF8sG/7AdSpjd1M2/JjXFb2KN+OcnscAkhBXl1sZrA5z2j9mg3Ufr+j cWwp0GatqMuIcYMM4AI/Bj+RFpIeEz2WGh5DchchxRtScHxYI+UhvXRjcDKLp8ybGhWo KA+yEljzfut7SuGK9u6exMR5gJZIjlcWUsXFWvh0UyQsCYGxsh29RxgQftFWVA9D/mEO sXYbMG+Yla7ONs04SnSTueLC143eUypg1kPL7nTOYgI/FFXR6p4ECQjWV9lMpyGqEWdK nPztPpNvG+RRnf6BvHwE35PZjYVhTWfBtS6kKuK4VvWBD8SdJdCL8WGcIgUBGKtuEJCu 3WYw==
A few releases ago, I noticed a slight decrease in overall performances in my soft, using eigen. Since execution time is my main concern and the reason why I chose eigen in the first place, I ran a few tests to make sure :
I recompiled my project using all 3.x releases of eigen (and some 2.0.x too), and compared the execution time of some algorithms I implemented.
Versions 3.0.0 to 3.0.3 gave fairly stable results, but versions 3..0.4, 3.0.5 and 3.1 made my execution time up to 50% longer on some critical algorithms (performances are similar in the last three versions though). All my code uses mostly basic matrix operations (product, transpose, submatrix extraction) on fixed-size matrices.
I can try and be more precise on what takes more time if needed, but I think the eigen benchmark suite would be better suited for that purpose (the last published bench is over a year old...)
Has anyone else had similar problems with performances ?