|Re: [eigen] News on sparse modules and 3.1 beta 1 on Monday|
[ Thread Index |
| More lists.tuxfamily.org/eigen Archives
- To: eigen@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
- Subject: Re: [eigen] News on sparse modules and 3.1 beta 1 on Monday
- From: Benoit Jacob <jacob.benoit.1@xxxxxxxxx>
- Date: Sat, 3 Dec 2011 11:12:13 -0500
- Dkim-signature: v=1; a=rsa-sha256; c=relaxed/relaxed; d=gmail.com; s=gamma; h=mime-version:in-reply-to:references:date:message-id:subject:from:to :content-type; bh=z2NZuNpIvfqYosp4JKUeUdebIyn6xtd6yWd3fYc0zOE=; b=DehGY49o81ZBkg39sef0bdrhv3RY8k1JwC7sVg0urqfS7MYPVrLZI51KmwIsDPyp90 TMeWFYBCIs0W+YwsIAgKv4gtyxsBjV3LEkwfHZMtJ2quh74eqEC3PIJgn0B784jamSmV 8FDHFh2z5rM2fBaWL2atLyfAdNnDkPxw8vMy0=
2011/12/3 Gael Guennebaud <gael.guennebaud@xxxxxxxxx>:
> I think that now they are sane enough to release a first beta of the
> future 3.1 version of Eigen for which stable sparse modules will be
> the major feature.
> I plan to do the release on Monday. Though this is less critical for a
> beta release, reports of the results of the unit tests on various
> systems, especially with MSVC, would still be appreciated.
It's a bit optimistic to hope that 2 days are enough to get the dev
branch releasable as a beta: it's fantastic if it works out, but
expect it to need a bit more time ;-) Let's see how this thread turns
Note that it's possible that the beta1 release will attract some
attention, whence the need to make sure it's high quality. If you just
want to release a snapshot of the dev branch without any quality
guarantee, maybe call it alpha1 instead.