|Re: [eigen] Backend interface to BLAS, LAPACK|
[ Thread Index |
| More lists.tuxfamily.org/eigen Archives
- To: eigen@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
- Subject: Re: [eigen] Backend interface to BLAS, LAPACK
- From: Gael Guennebaud <gael.guennebaud@xxxxxxxxx>
- Date: Sat, 20 Aug 2011 23:54:20 +0200
- Dkim-signature: v=1; a=rsa-sha256; c=relaxed/relaxed; d=gmail.com; s=gamma; h=mime-version:in-reply-to:references:from:date:message-id:subject:to :content-type:content-transfer-encoding; bh=6puxhysjbhRezykTWmCFKv1fJhpc/V2EhUwcZaaKm4A=; b=B435POJ3rulwBNM5wMTCH/sb2XC+jaPoMYuW/nbzKmTwY1rzgQaqa2RT3I0PIa0QHQ nCkfqOXVO2YMEQjiqXv3lgsCyoCT3/P2PAfX9dQl1xVhELy9JLMeaGejGxeUJx1Yv4hK 5DI9IXWVQvI3/7zCCJZQSpOUeVHYcNKa7Pzcc=
yes someone is already working on it with fast progress, so you can
expect to see this feature quite soon.
On Sat, Aug 20, 2011 at 5:30 PM, Michael Braun <braunm@xxxxxxx> wrote:
> Hi. I've just started using Eigen (thanks for developing it, by the way), but one of the reasons I was hesitant was because it does not interface with parallel optimized BLAS and LAPACK libraries (I use Intel MKL). I noticed on the "to do" list on the home page that building this kind of interface is something that others would consider useful, and I agree.
> Is anyone working on this project? And if not, can you give me a sense of what skills, knowledge and effort this kind of development would entail? I admit that I am brand new at C++, but I could see this project as a way to get some experience with it.
> Michael Braun
> braunm _at_ mit.edu