|Re: [eigen] Remaining beta3 blockers|
[ Thread Index |
| More lists.tuxfamily.org/eigen Archives
- To: eigen@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
- Subject: Re: [eigen] Remaining beta3 blockers
- From: Benoit Jacob <jacob.benoit.1@xxxxxxxxx>
- Date: Tue, 23 Nov 2010 14:34:09 -0500
- Dkim-signature: v=1; a=rsa-sha256; c=relaxed/relaxed; d=gmail.com; s=gamma; h=domainkey-signature:mime-version:received:received:in-reply-to :references:date:message-id:subject:from:to:content-type :content-transfer-encoding; bh=2gJM+gLoW9rFX2TOVSui6I409B8pUjye6Q24ncnsOWo=; b=h0cT2TVsN/9i2ioc+c/D+WWESC7Y1aQoxnZgJ7KWzQZu7RbJRvT/HvOwNQfxvb8h5p +mdMlEhO8T5V8zwoo/sjpFAAB3/JDfywmkQsehAeKHDttdZmo1i7syiYdb9aBmOuSi5c anReKrrjx9yNt50ajipId1g5gzSnbfgHGg8CA=
- Domainkey-signature: a=rsa-sha1; c=nofws; d=gmail.com; s=gamma; h=mime-version:in-reply-to:references:date:message-id:subject:from:to :content-type:content-transfer-encoding; b=sIVJRJQIDaTlkz5n9JbcMoV7w7K8gm7/wzn60+ambX+DhcJweSLyfg+RcOYTKAr+w0 2agvlghhfKV7aj5kFORe+0UsYt5tzYtOGDtXH6AWZrU3KIgzwhfrqIYsNd3Hiome9mrh sdJCQ+cyxa68He1g11erJnR48TIAOy+pYkatU=
2010/11/23 Gael Guennebaud <gael.guennebaud@xxxxxxxxx>:
>> 51: no malloc in fixed-size products
>> Gael, are you looking at it? If needed I'm OK to have it block only 3.0 final.
> This one is a quite big challenge because it is tightly coupled with
> multi-threading. Basically, fixing it before having find a good and
> scalable solution to parallelize all products with less as possible
> code redundancy means doing the work twice.... :(
> Currently, not that general matrix-matrix and matrix-vector products
> are already ok with respect to no malloc for fixed-sizes. Only special
> products have yet to be fixed.
Cool, but I don't really understand why this should be related at all
to multithreading: we don't want any multithreading anyway for fixed
sizes (nor do we want cache-friendliness nor anything fancy)
>> 53: Sparse - API stability for basic features
> I'm think it is more reasonable to postponed it for 3.1 since I'm
> still not really convinced by my current choices.
Then move Sparse to unsupported/ ?
>> 100: Finalize the array-as-scalar feature
>> Gael ?
> This one would make a good "junior" jog, so if someone want to step
> by? Otherwise I'll do it, np.
Maybe it's time to start marking junior bugs as such. Feel free to
create a keyword for that.