Re: [eigen] about changeset 6eb14e380

On 18/08/10 17:07, Benoit Jacob wrote:
ah OK. I was naively hoping that alignment requirements wouldn't necessarily keep increasing with the packet size :-(

Now you make me doubt. I'll check again. Fact is our alignment code use the cache line size as boundary so we never really checked.

It is my understanding that when x86 and x86-64 cpus come out with AVX instructions, people will want to generate executables that determine at runtime the availability of AVX, and switch between AVX and non-AVX code based on that. So ABI compatibility is going to be more important than ever. Right?

Well, I can comment as we don't support such use-case (new arch == new compilation)