Re: [eigen] bibtex

2010/8/21 Hauke Heibel <hauke.heibel@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
On Fri, Aug 20, 2010 at 11:53 PM, Schmidt, Michael
<Michael.Schmidt@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
>> 1) Jacob B., Gunnebaud G., and et al. Eigen v3.
>> http://eigen.tuxfamily.org, 2010.
>> 2) Jacob, B., Gunnebaud, G., et al., 2010. Eigen v3.
>> http://eigen.tuxfamily.org
>> 3) B. Jacob, G. Gunnebaud, and et al. Eigen v3.
>> http://eigen.tuxfamily.org, 2010.
>
> As far as I know, there should be no "and" before the "et al.", should
> it? Et al. is the abbreviation of "et alii/aliae/alia", which means "and
> others"...

The "and" serves just as a separator of authors and may even be
discarded as it is in case 2). But I agree, it is strange to have an
"and et".

So then Christoph's suggestion of using "others" seems to be better

@MISC{eigenweb,
 author = {Ga\"{e}l Guennebaud and Beno\^{i}t Jacob and others},
 title = {Eigen v3},
 howpublished = {http://eigen.tuxfamily.org},
 year = {2010}
}

In the references list it will be printed as "and others" and direct
citations may in rare cases still be

G. Guennebaud et al. (2010)

The title and year are fine?

That's all good. It would be useful to have a wiki page showing this bibtex entry, just to have something easy to link to the next time someone asks.

Benoit

- Hauke