|[eigen] Band diagonal matrices|
[ Thread Index |
| More lists.tuxfamily.org/eigen Archives
- To: eigen@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
- Subject: [eigen] Band diagonal matrices
- From: Sameer Agarwal <sameeragarwal@xxxxxxxxxx>
- Date: Fri, 18 Jun 2010 11:13:40 -0700
- Dkim-signature: v=1; a=rsa-sha1; c=relaxed/relaxed; d=google.com; s=beta; t=1276884824; bh=11xPe2Ycapjh/a7raJRdSc5IEeA=; h=MIME-Version:Date:Message-ID:Subject:From:To:Content-Type; b=wQ7bhiVl/MkCt/FlRVTDT1+aINX4fTORmAU4aAtvTMap0yk5kllGzBCwC4mGbnrYY 2KFnyqxZl2NHsIjMbZhqQ==
- Domainkey-signature: a=rsa-sha1; s=beta; d=google.com; c=nofws; q=dns; h=mime-version:date:message-id:subject:from:to:content-type:x-system-of-record; b=qLr6IVeOF15TEnJpciMSYHAJB0irEuombXWrCgsIkjvxns8OZC5qnJbjP5lq2Smbq ypXYzZa+INGNdODTYn/og==
One thing I forgot to mention in my email about sparse matrices earlier is support for band diagonal and block band diagonal matrices. They occur often enough in problems, but also can arise in the construction of preconditioners. In those cases we should think about supporting
1. Constructor to build band diagonal matrices from a set of vectors.
2. Constructor to extract a set of bands from a given sparse matrix.
3. Band diagonal solvers.