|Re: [eigen] Band diagonal matrices|
[ Thread Index |
| More lists.tuxfamily.org/eigen Archives
- To: eigen@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
- Subject: Re: [eigen] Band diagonal matrices
- From: Gael Guennebaud <gael.guennebaud@xxxxxxxxx>
- Date: Sat, 19 Jun 2010 00:43:40 +0200
- Dkim-signature: v=1; a=rsa-sha256; c=relaxed/relaxed; d=gmail.com; s=gamma; h=domainkey-signature:received:mime-version:received:in-reply-to :references:from:date:message-id:subject:to:content-type :content-transfer-encoding; bh=uCSNCrksnAUGvordYW79YLkHlVtjXptT5jj6BDK4x9k=; b=cQ8ktipx432WzYohxFzNMrb+Mb9xrVX+E7uyyXfJrcVGac8A1ziaD0gL7dIE1aE7aW f+ifWsoOIOFfdJNUvyruIQ9OH5p9BFmcyUNptqkis3q/73I1suQXdk1bwaAQHK7YrrdA mKIXKnJI5JxnBw6/4Ds6SPh8ba8RqLmLXrZ6E=
- Domainkey-signature: a=rsa-sha1; c=nofws; d=gmail.com; s=gamma; h=mime-version:in-reply-to:references:from:date:message-id:subject:to :content-type:content-transfer-encoding; b=tm4clycnCBHPfOIb3Bz69IbIDbjU/mM4XxoL4z0GGd27nOEmqasyQmktEUeytnKMU2 a5zibb18vt8GT/0+XrPfIYbuvuhdEKueH0ClFulFJO9/wdaq4OXtMUGowNhA+IEQiFKj bQhrmtniA8KCDa3/QLp7ScMwYaXMoP0JWCW9s=
Note that for band matrices, we already have a BandMatrix class
offering a banded storage which allows for more optimized algorithms.
On Fri, Jun 18, 2010 at 8:13 PM, Sameer Agarwal
> One thing I forgot to mention in my email about sparse matrices earlier is
> support for band diagonal and block band diagonal matrices. They occur often
> enough in problems, but also can arise in the construction of
> preconditioners. In those cases we should think about supporting
> 1. Constructor to build band diagonal matrices from a set of vectors.
> 2. Constructor to extract a set of bands from a given sparse matrix.
> 3. Band diagonal solvers.