|Re: [eigen] Eigen3 ->Eigen2 performance regression: patch.|
[ Thread Index |
| More lists.tuxfamily.org/eigen Archives
- To: eigen@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
- Subject: Re: [eigen] Eigen3 ->Eigen2 performance regression: patch.
- From: Hauke Heibel <hauke.heibel@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
- Date: Tue, 2 Mar 2010 16:18:10 +0100
- Dkim-signature: v=1; a=rsa-sha256; c=relaxed/relaxed; d=googlemail.com; s=gamma; h=domainkey-signature:mime-version:received:in-reply-to:references :date:message-id:subject:from:to:content-type; bh=pfWMiyspE525t5jKxfW8f8qfXAj2jHU91Y7TBvgxsIU=; b=X26rCRYlZH2qc443k18cpJ8KtkZrHAOPuj/531YA2x/RZ1ZzOTdCHhu//Ydim24qlN E+Pf0LT9Dh+AouhVeGWNW1xejAL1eT27cA2gFkqGe+Rps/3HApUP/2tqkyiWPCL9Hp4m N4aSG+VzkACx1gombanEk3sEQW3YoQaPpFhY0=
- Domainkey-signature: a=rsa-sha1; c=nofws; d=googlemail.com; s=gamma; h=mime-version:in-reply-to:references:date:message-id:subject:from:to :content-type; b=cygJcI4A1xkcKyyduMGmp02sltXkTiQNEvW+MV/Nwjh0t4wwnBAHN+xbNhX5E0/SrN tCDebXff3Iy0UN6hhgMdAVW232HTET54z53wWjR7Gc+iSZDJCALVLikfk97hR1KzyXX9 5WvM+3ZTOTlSvyHZfKw4GGvW6rgUMo4ziHUUo=
Thanks for the hints but ...
a) google perftools have not yet been ported the cpu-profiler and
leak-checker to windows
b) valgrind and cachegrind are neither available on windows nor cygwin
On Tue, Mar 2, 2010 at 3:38 PM, Trevor Irons <trevorirons@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:
> For my modest needs (and linux only) using valgrind --tool=cachegrind or
> callgrind and visualizing with KCachegrind is easy and has worked well, but
> is pretty slow for big programs.
> On 2 March 2010 12:39, Benjamin Schindler <bschindler@xxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
>> I have used google perftools and they were quite reliable here. Just
>> link against -lprofiler and add an env-var to get result is very easy
>> On 03/02/2010 01:36 PM, Benoit Jacob wrote:
>> > I'll admit that I'm not using a profiler... I don't even know if
>> > there's a free alternative to Oprofile, which is very hard to set up.
>> > (Linux here). Then there's vtune... haven't tried it yet.
>> > Benoit
>> > 2010/3/2 Hauke Heibel <hauke.heibel@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>:
>> >> Just out of curiosity... which profiler are you using? I have a quite
>> >> old license for VTune but that one does not work on Windows 7 anymore.
>> >> I tried out AMD CodeAnalyst and it works ok though it is not really
>> >> what I was looking for. Something supporting call graph profiling
>> >> would be great -- currently it seems as if even the latest VTune
>> >> version does not support that on Windows 7 so the whole profiling
>> >> field looks a little bit sad right now and it's really a huge
>> >> difference between profiling timer-based vs. a real profiler.
>> >> - Hauke