|Re: [eigen] Eigen3 ->Eigen2 performance regression: patch.|
[ Thread Index |
| More lists.tuxfamily.org/eigen Archives
- To: eigen@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
- Subject: Re: [eigen] Eigen3 ->Eigen2 performance regression: patch.
- From: Benoit Jacob <jacob.benoit.1@xxxxxxxxx>
- Date: Tue, 2 Mar 2010 07:36:42 -0500
- Dkim-signature: v=1; a=rsa-sha256; c=relaxed/relaxed; d=gmail.com; s=gamma; h=domainkey-signature:mime-version:received:in-reply-to:references :date:message-id:subject:from:to:content-type; bh=sSjADep7hNj3WYbOvmdOXm6k9rO7wUNYbnMH7y9/fng=; b=fv4++FNpCrD8da5IXJQEwFtY5pbasqzrpa/ZwoyVotlW4b+P2QXPC0Hct99gwmPin5 APJskMAQI+Ll1QYGOa+oCjUmJOW+IzC74BeocFw2gJ0mULuO7AhVzxljQlLoFTpV3Qex ePZCzDGUwdkdeO1kWADu+jO8u5JmRE+Z57XOU=
- Domainkey-signature: a=rsa-sha1; c=nofws; d=gmail.com; s=gamma; h=mime-version:in-reply-to:references:date:message-id:subject:from:to :content-type; b=GKtjD6bLF/8JLCyTYZM4EuGWHWG96uvmmcDKAgknmjrx6FtG4dzAg4ptob2eMR37jV I5FO5efU1pSSbxq+zOWFtm2kOu+hmWvRQl0593N3KXTPIcbIsMiXS6AKOlC/CyxzmZgc nrn7tF+d9uFiCilvoDWAZD0pnHXLdsYf8v8wk=
I'll admit that I'm not using a profiler... I don't even know if
there's a free alternative to Oprofile, which is very hard to set up.
(Linux here). Then there's vtune... haven't tried it yet.
2010/3/2 Hauke Heibel <hauke.heibel@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>:
> Just out of curiosity... which profiler are you using? I have a quite
> old license for VTune but that one does not work on Windows 7 anymore.
> I tried out AMD CodeAnalyst and it works ok though it is not really
> what I was looking for. Something supporting call graph profiling
> would be great -- currently it seems as if even the latest VTune
> version does not support that on Windows 7 so the whole profiling
> field looks a little bit sad right now and it's really a huge
> difference between profiling timer-based vs. a real profiler.
> - Hauke