Re: [eigen] refactoring fork: some news

On Fri, Dec 18, 2009 at 10:53 AM, Gael Guennebaud <gael.guennebaud@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:

Still about Array, let me recall that we agreed upon removing .cwise() in favor of a few cwiseXXX function for Matrix objects (e.g., mat.cwiseProduct(mat), mat.abs()), plus a MatrixBase::array() function allowing to see a matrix as an Array, e.g.:

(mat.array().abs()>10).select(A,B);

The array() notation is beautiful - I am just wondering whether we really need cwiseProduct(...) & co. If I am reading Benoit's e-mail correctly, he is also assuming that the majority will go for array().

- Hauke