Re: [eigen] build system changes

2009/11/10 Thomas Capricelli <orzel@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>:
> In data mercoledì 11 novembre 2009 02:34:32, Benoit Jacob ha scritto:
>> The only reason for test_xxx vs debug_xxx was that passing
>> -DCMAKE_BUILD_TYPE=XXX was cumbersome. Instead, what we can do is
>> generate in the build directory 2 tiny scripts ./debug and ./release
>> setting the corresponding build type.
>
> I'm ok with anything as far as there's a minimum of documentation about how to
> compile/run the test, and how to write a test!
> I guess most of people will agree :-)

Documentation about compile/run was given in the cmake output on
make-based platforms, and on the Developer's Corner page, but indeed
one can put more doc on the wiki.

Documentation about how to write a test was on Developers Corner wiki
page, indeed it needs an update.

> I did not know about debug_*  in fact.. I've looked in my test/, and there are
> only test_*. The rules for debug_* are in the makefile but i was not aware of
> them.

But don't you use make-based platforms like e.g. linux?
See the bottom of the root CMakeLists.txt.
I'm interested to know why you didn't see it, as you're probably not
the only one.