|[eigen] build system changes|
[ Thread Index |
| More lists.tuxfamily.org/eigen Archives
- To: eigen <eigen@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
- Subject: [eigen] build system changes
- From: Benoit Jacob <jacob.benoit.1@xxxxxxxxx>
- Date: Tue, 10 Nov 2009 20:34:32 -0500
- Dkim-signature: v=1; a=rsa-sha256; c=relaxed/relaxed; d=gmail.com; s=gamma; h=domainkey-signature:mime-version:received:date:message-id:subject :from:to:content-type; bh=miTngwsojGtS6IsKu0frpb7OEWdPWRtUuUHuTrwdLXM=; b=PwKlrMMK94+AF/iXqfVaYnx5DWImB4ronFAeLLsvMz+Rc8MYgGJlEoCcLV4A5lnl5a up0Meh0sLs3/uxip3QGEMptnyFH9mSuoqIMjMzCQJoiuA+MJ9Jld54dECK084nO77KHf /uFXDieg81836o9NqAsWg5CIQfM0Cn2HN/YKQ=
- Domainkey-signature: a=rsa-sha1; c=nofws; d=gmail.com; s=gamma; h=mime-version:date:message-id:subject:from:to:content-type; b=cGYut36D+N2l/UEy7hqtAJav+VUKNxlSFWE+yzg+6R6KoE6hEvh2iIgKQ3ZHWIwsjZ iTiNyZP5+mV/5gidAvRhEAvwOnas0HZu9Vmc5pbX191J4+KTKctapBBnHPA5HEJYywRh tLNXLHyNIZ9UeZkfZkUFfsXSSPTCUOc6F0q30=
currently we have test_xxx targets generating tests without debug
info, and debug_xxx targets with full debug info.
The true CMake way to do that would be with CMAKE_BUILD_TYPE. Actually
Hauke is already doing that for MSVC, which shows the current solution
is not satisfactory.
The only reason for test_xxx vs debug_xxx was that passing
-DCMAKE_BUILD_TYPE=XXX was cumbersome. Instead, what we can do is
generate in the build directory 2 tiny scripts ./debug and ./release
setting the corresponding build type.
This would also mean building tests with optimizations by default in
release mode. The big argument against that was compiler memory usage.
I think that argument has gone away now that the tests are split into