|Re: [eigen] Nesting by reference of by value ?|
[ Thread Index |
| More lists.tuxfamily.org/eigen Archives
- To: eigen@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
- Subject: Re: [eigen] Nesting by reference of by value ?
- From: Hauke Heibel <hauke.heibel@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
- Date: Mon, 30 Nov 2009 21:08:35 +0100
- Dkim-signature: v=1; a=rsa-sha256; c=relaxed/relaxed; d=googlemail.com; s=gamma; h=domainkey-signature:mime-version:received:in-reply-to:references :date:message-id:subject:from:to:content-type; bh=kRKX0o1QIRvf+xGT81iyJfY3lLWV/ZWbdXy346kfJok=; b=Tgf2zbWICsSo3TO2ENHVgHfWtcFraUl1v7V4QGZ1qnHrGdEnLrRTr+t5xsGur82CQq J+jefk8Tjwf19DLImVyESc70wWRrJmmqBC8vjDlU6n/7GRbjw5sS/nJ7TXy3WVzzFBnB nKULDShHEBKbAmpNcPvHX7r+in3Iz7S2qMAYQ=
- Domainkey-signature: a=rsa-sha1; c=nofws; d=googlemail.com; s=gamma; h=mime-version:in-reply-to:references:date:message-id:subject:from:to :content-type; b=rkpvmDsdbKLE2/oT8C5UI1Snkb9Ic47YiHUEYpZann+SxDGIkBoRxZUtKsgwBq2mFt jfYq37migk3YPzYxTSuzs0LjOd2eZYatsUUF5IV+5YxwaRuDMcZXa2CfV1YSY9F9yfuZ K0on2wzmPFXGOu+YFenF/7VzpjDwNweNb6318=
I wanted to attack NestByValue today. First, I fixed the unit tests and then I created a clean fork and finally I found out, that the current implementation as I have it in the fork (https://bitbucket.org/hauke/nesting-refactoring/) is causing the sparse_product unit tests to fail.
Gael, since you've already played with it, could you please take a look? It seems to have todo with
SparseMatrix& operator=(const SparseMatrixBase<OtherDerived>& other)
typedef typename ei_nested<OtherDerived,2>::type OtherCopy;
So far it seems as if Eigen::SparseTranspose<class Eigen::SparseMatrix<double,0> > must be nested by reference.
I have no experience with the sparse part of Eigen and any help would be appreciated.
On Fri, Nov 20, 2009 at 1:32 PM, Gael Guennebaud <gael.guennebaud@xxxxxxxxx>
On Fri, Nov 20, 2009 at 1:20 PM, Hauke Heibel <hauke.heibel@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
On Wed, Nov 18, 2009 at 7:35 PM, Gael Guennebaud <gael.guennebaud@xxxxxxxxx>
Now it would be interesting to bench MSVC as well since it seems this compiler has more difficulties to manage Eigen's code, but this is something I cannot do.
When that were done and we'ld agree upon using nesting by value the next step would probably be cleaning up the locations where NestByValue is used but not required anymore, right?
yes and basically the idea is to completely remove the NestByValue class. Well, actually we will move it to the Eigen2Support module once I merged my fork. So currently we still need to keep it in Core.