|Re: [eigen] Nesting by reference of by value ?|
[ Thread Index |
| More lists.tuxfamily.org/eigen Archives
- To: eigen@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
- Subject: Re: [eigen] Nesting by reference of by value ?
- From: Gael Guennebaud <gael.guennebaud@xxxxxxxxx>
- Date: Fri, 20 Nov 2009 13:32:14 +0100
- Dkim-signature: v=1; a=rsa-sha256; c=relaxed/relaxed; d=gmail.com; s=gamma; h=domainkey-signature:mime-version:received:in-reply-to:references :date:message-id:subject:from:to:content-type; bh=tZO20br7UXt5tMbABq/5oIuZDybLU2oGqb6GIvCp39U=; b=gWjdnFbtFYQh5Lkujc+oAnRzCLDOoEGVoMM9R/MiZ/IMRL3xtkB4y5a4mgk7Pyew2X kMUKFNStnY8/QG0fIcCsUSSIKaLrzx7K/7J4kFiKoY7QvzS9MZ2zRE27ljSmVbzqrUoo DWLbkJPNLP7O7BK7hmasCisQ5ToE3de4qJb9s=
- Domainkey-signature: a=rsa-sha1; c=nofws; d=gmail.com; s=gamma; h=mime-version:in-reply-to:references:date:message-id:subject:from:to :content-type; b=Tv2deGbc4AWIubSnyi/KUerFrSMgz3zM2ecCHBCRPPPfF1ujDmXgN9fNMq8xZQuNHU 0mVxb/1u3F4z9jhMRQp9oYRyYEhlZvi5lPubvXOwC5DdNzM49L+a2lLarGqO6QRWHlIW zKV+CVnuU4m6xkMx+mKMTmn54ElSGvLOdoDAA=
On Fri, Nov 20, 2009 at 1:20 PM, Hauke Heibel <hauke.heibel@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
On Wed, Nov 18, 2009 at 7:35 PM, Gael Guennebaud <gael.guennebaud@xxxxxxxxx>
Now it would be interesting to bench MSVC as well since it seems this compiler has more difficulties to manage Eigen's code, but this is something I cannot do.
When that were done and we'ld agree upon using nesting by value the next step would probably be cleaning up the locations where NestByValue is used but not required anymore, right?
yes and basically the idea is to completely remove the NestByValue class. Well, actually we will move it to the Eigen2Support module once I merged my fork. So currently we still need to keep it in Core.