|Re: [eigen] Eigen is slow with complex matrices|
[ Thread Index |
| More lists.tuxfamily.org/eigen Archives
- To: eigen@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
- Subject: Re: [eigen] Eigen is slow with complex matrices
- From: Benoit Jacob <jacob.benoit.1@xxxxxxxxx>
- Date: Tue, 20 Oct 2009 11:18:33 -0400
- Cc: Mark Borgerding <mark@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
- Dkim-signature: v=1; a=rsa-sha256; c=relaxed/relaxed; d=gmail.com; s=gamma; h=domainkey-signature:mime-version:received:in-reply-to:references :date:message-id:subject:from:to:cc:content-type :content-transfer-encoding; bh=ZYdzDqa+XzEDU9+79kx0qGtFb2vQSyMc0di6VWv9tqo=; b=K/oPEMsYomAPLyLclTgbc/cukrsnwDVP9sO9nadoqH/ab9yQALvLvznef0yTW+T3tW r7r6Y93golT0YElx8ZZXR7nYC7/avLDxxCly+Oz6XAJowoTSJgxA49qFXO2D1Zo/tDQV VfKgE1hev2clTn9Vyj8L7XxjdPnRBGKIMQ1/s=
- Domainkey-signature: a=rsa-sha1; c=nofws; d=gmail.com; s=gamma; h=mime-version:in-reply-to:references:date:message-id:subject:from:to :cc:content-type:content-transfer-encoding; b=B0Khe28/iORkoA0+9fwiyk7EnBheLgfiw7f4Fv6cp8OQz4LuG0jHiJ6q7jClIGtoH6 EU/i/3/8upDE93caMTmqNK+wlPL03eichy5ZIHznSy/Xct26CzguSpsRIFEGWOszvz/m o26mqS5RUGJwM9imI35GfMufiOhW8+WWQsG00=
Yes, in this case i'd be ok to skip unsupported, because it's already
been discussed many times and it's clear that it's useful and
Mark, could you update us on what you think is left to do before that
can be included in Eigen?
It's true that the sooner this gets merged, the longer the testing it
gets before we release 3.0, the better.
2009/10/20 Rohit Garg <rpg.314@xxxxxxxxx>:
> Well..., if it is good enough, then why not merge into core eigen
> directly, instead of unsupported if mark will be maintaining the FFT
> backend/kissfft part of FFT for foreseeable future.
> At any rate, stuff merged into development branch, never committed to
> stable, can always be removed from the devel branch at a later date.
> After all, there is *no* guarantees whatsoever on the unstable branch.
> If we have the docs for it (part of eigen-unstable-docs of course),
> putting it into eigen-devel will get much more testing done. ATM, I
> don't think it has been tested in the wild yet. At least the FFTW
> backend can be in eigen-devel, since it is fairly small and benign.
> On Mon, Oct 19, 2009 at 7:40 PM, Benoit Jacob <jacob.benoit.1@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:
>> 2009/10/19 Rohit Garg <rpg.314@xxxxxxxxx>:
>>> AFAIR, some work was done to add complex number support, compatible
>>> with std::complex. It is sitting in the FFT fork.
>> Good point, i had forgotten about it.
>>> What happened to it?
>> It's still there.
>>> Also, when can we see the FFT work being merged back into eigen
>> I wrote to Mark recently to ask, he replied that he still had to
>> implement a few suggestions that had been made.
>> However, re-reading, these didn't sound like very crucial points (it
>> was about "formatting options and I/O"), so it seems as if the FFT
>> module is already good enough to be merged to unsupported/ ? Need
>> informed feedback here.
> Rohit Garg
> Senior Undergraduate
> Department of Physics
> Indian Institute of Technology