|Re: [eigen] Eigen namspace|
[ Thread Index |
| More lists.tuxfamily.org/eigen Archives
- To: eigen@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
- Subject: Re: [eigen] Eigen namspace
- From: Benoit Jacob <jacob.benoit.1@xxxxxxxxx>
- Date: Thu, 22 Oct 2009 12:10:29 -0400
- Dkim-signature: v=1; a=rsa-sha256; c=relaxed/relaxed; d=gmail.com; s=gamma; h=domainkey-signature:mime-version:received:in-reply-to:references :date:message-id:subject:from:to:content-type; bh=cO3jroQnm3vamTSst2qKJid9etI1ciawKkSOtkLOItw=; b=wwMTpibHIrs35+A5JNo0jfk2AgIWnZ0oqA6gerh29yn+Z2a4HntNdXKRpwinCg7pDD zkDhh7ZY1IXQd1qiiAS73pXcGSJtGI8EtjfSjlhj4X0P8MUF7Pz264o8QHmixhPOTGji ouAhgU04g3eNJ5ZFLn9bYL3BslH4f2OwZBJpA=
- Domainkey-signature: a=rsa-sha1; c=nofws; d=gmail.com; s=gamma; h=mime-version:in-reply-to:references:date:message-id:subject:from:to :content-type; b=Gd0H/do7XTsQFchwYhfvatcDgHv4H1jXYq4nyBwZ2mt7R0YrGh5zVTM1BNn8RBigpN 9X+xaAqop6S89i1bYYoFA/RV9jkwY7zJt/vvfOowEbtrJutxaVXssNcK1liXcJuCYtxG 5Hbpbikv9Uxqx9LPw2iSO0Gn+mKKF1OEmESpQ=
2009/10/22 Hauke Heibel <hauke.heibel@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>:
> On Wed, Oct 21, 2009 at 8:24 PM, Benoit Jacob <jacob.benoit.1@xxxxxxxxx>
>> 2009/10/21 Hauke Heibel <hauke.heibel@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>:
>> > Anyways, it seems to be already decided.
>> It was as long as we considered it a no-brainer, but given the
>> reactions on this list, i don't consider it "already decided" anymore!
> Well, so far it was just a single reaction - mine :)
No, before you at least 2 people expressed disagreement! So my
suggestion is buried, of course. And I didn't even know about that
wonderful namespace aliases thing.
> Though the only striking reason against renaming, as said before, is that I
> think it really is a big effort to change all projects. You mentioned
> correctly, that within Eigen it will be little to no effort - but you should
> not forget about other projects using Eigen there the story is a different
> Well, theoretically, one could make up the reason that the less descriptive
> the namespace the higher the chances that another lib will pick the same
> namespace and thus cause a name clash... actually, just google for
> "namespace ei" and you'll see.
>> what do you think about my later proposal of keeping Eigen and
>> introducing synonym ei?
> I'ld totally prefer this solution because it is 100% transparent for the
> - Hauke