[ Thread Index |
| More lists.tuxfamily.org/eigen Archives
- To: eigen@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
- Subject: [eigen] Eigen namspace
- From: Hauke Heibel <hauke.heibel@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
- Date: Thu, 22 Oct 2009 11:16:40 +0200
- Dkim-signature: v=1; a=rsa-sha256; c=relaxed/relaxed; d=googlemail.com; s=gamma; h=domainkey-signature:mime-version:received:date:message-id:subject :from:to:content-type; bh=EN1xkiQ+bn6sLz58Q1EWyjMBSTbRh84JYc5uL54M2jI=; b=QGMEdsU5vVXZwo51AUqedTcq60JJ5bJZkNsCMCKPp38H51yUMIfQMkbkdO8aLlw7Jt F6j9qwIuwolg+AJ01SH+zq9Kb7i6nUZE1nRX4winl4pM9gIRw6vF1E/T51LiCM7HN2bD mnJmifwrwpBjXX7m0lXw5nvmXDb6ir1QYmawQ=
- Domainkey-signature: a=rsa-sha1; c=nofws; d=googlemail.com; s=gamma; h=mime-version:date:message-id:subject:from:to:content-type; b=iQpFsb2B7yroEoRP3to6Qg26CcMtmbnpdpJ4x7d6rBLU2LERb9Li/2xj/K0CTmeDTs oBI7Xmlez53orlVMwxc1hvPtuwYwzh0OaiU2/mmrwBKhRMuDWkkYhQ0gAmwo2sYG2XCn X57784olj/6lIaTkMdcgr8OeNaJOAzU8UBYFo=
On Wed, Oct 21, 2009 at 8:24 PM, Benoit Jacob <jacob.benoit.1@xxxxxxxxx>
2009/10/21 Hauke Heibel <hauke.heibel@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>:
It was as long as we considered it a no-brainer, but given the
> Anyways, it seems to be already decided.
reactions on this list, i don't consider it "already decided" anymore!
Well, so far it was just a single reaction - mine :)
Though the only striking reason against renaming, as said before, is that I think it really is a big effort to change all projects.. You mentioned correctly, that within Eigen it will be little to no effort - but you should not forget about other projects using Eigen there the story is a different one.
Well, theoretically, one could make up the reason that the less descriptive the namespace the higher the chances that another lib will pick the same namespace and thus cause a name clash... actually, just google for "namespace ei" and you'll see.
what do you think about my later proposal of keeping Eigen and
introducing synonym ei?
I'ld totally prefer this solution because it is 100% transparent for the user.