|Re: [eigen] Rigid Transformations in eigen: discussion thread|
[ Thread Index |
| More lists.tuxfamily.org/eigen Archives
- To: eigen@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
- Subject: Re: [eigen] Rigid Transformations in eigen: discussion thread
- From: Benoit Jacob <jacob.benoit.1@xxxxxxxxx>
- Date: Thu, 17 Sep 2009 14:09:49 -0400
- Dkim-signature: v=1; a=rsa-sha256; c=relaxed/relaxed; d=gmail.com; s=gamma; h=domainkey-signature:mime-version:received:in-reply-to:references :date:message-id:subject:from:to:content-type :content-transfer-encoding; bh=JVe+gW5WXUFJ3C5SCToJziEt0Iig2ZFMo6zkCA4Q6Nw=; b=VkFlmjh0pIDMocIUrEubYety+L3mIY02UDTGGYpurm3BNcCW71TvVULbxX29rzQNEH WbuLCr5H0tkrTfo2K7HbrllpxrHeH5Jw8+Pnwg//fIOZXCXjH7gbWYe5LaHParQS3Y8L s88Fh1RXacj9N2tZWivI6V1xsRBNpKraO3Dgs=
- Domainkey-signature: a=rsa-sha1; c=nofws; d=gmail.com; s=gamma; h=mime-version:in-reply-to:references:date:message-id:subject:from:to :content-type:content-transfer-encoding; b=DPrJEuyXCbRRn3SIcMBJCIXiEuXQXje7JjhVpF0yZ2seBV1zR/Urq0DRideTjfk7OB FpUXZ4b+z0ejfVxEty5NBj3gEndFcl3yr/NNpZZo7sjXS2ykbh9QsauZwyZ/3Nx025Rj RMsd0KvNuBTjAv/SHfJYnKwrjq6G/OXu9ojE0=
2009/9/17 Rohit Garg <rpg.314@xxxxxxxxx>:
>> OK, before i can think more, i need to ask, what are realistic values of N here?
>> Is N always known at compile time or are you talking about a runtime N as in:
> I have NO idea. I haven't used it, and I don't need it right NOW, but
> I don't want to shut the door on this when we know that it is used.
> May be we can just put a big fat warning in the docs. Many
> multiplications will anyway lead to loss of rigidity, so no
> normalize() is a bad idea. I mean, if the user does these operations,
> let him deal with normalization.
Yes, so, if the user wants a fancy nlerp(), then he does it himself
using .coeffs()? So as long as we provide .coeffs() we're fine? That
sounds right to me.